In 2019, we are launching the RWSN Mentorship programme for young professionals. See here for more information on how to participate.
Young people are agents of change and constitute the generation that will be working towards the realisation of the SDGs and beyond, to ensure universal WASH services and improved water management practices. They make up a large proportion of the population in developing countries: more than 40% of the people on the planet are younger than 25, and more than 55% are younger than 35. As such, it is important to engage with young people in the water sector.
Under its new strategy 2018-2023, RWSN is placing an emphasis on engaging with young people in the rural water sector, with a specific focus on young professionals. This aligns with the objective of the network to raise the knowledge, competence and professionalism of its members, and thereby contribute to the professional development of young professionals in the rural water sector.
Are you under the age of 35, and a young professional interested working towards in rural water services for all? Would you like to get involved and benefit from RWSN's services?
- Join the RWSN online community dedicated to young professionals (it's free and takes a few seconds);
- NEW! Participate in the RWSN Mentorship programme for young professionals
- Download RWSN's Young Professionals Engagement Strategy (2018) and let us know what you think.
- If you are a member of a youth organisation working in the water sector, your organisation can join the network as a member organisation;
- Follow us on social media to stay updated (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn...)
If you have some comments to our strategy, or any additional ideas or questions on how to involve young professionals in the network, please contact Meleesa Naughton at the RWSN Secretariat.