Handpumps: where now? A synthesis of online discussions (2012-2014)
FUREY S. G.
Year of Publishing
In 2012, RWSN established Dgroups.org as its online electronic platform for membership and discussion. The groundwater and handpump groups have been among the most active communities. The number and depth of contributions has been rich, and several members have asked for a synthesis of the discussions. They main topics that emerged were:
1. Water Quality - particularly iron and pump corrosion
2. Procurement, Quality Control and Installation
3. Sustaining handpumps - what is the average lifespan of a handpump?
4. Handpump component failures and the need to redesign public domain designs
5. The politics of new pump designs: the Squirrel Cage Pump
Join the debate at on dgroups, using the links below.
FUREY S. G. (2014) Handpumps: where now?. A synthesis of online discussions (2012-2014) , Skat Foundation , RWSN , St Gallen, Switzerland
MORE INFORMATION ON OTHER WEBSITES
Handpumps: where now? A synthesis of online discussions (2012-2014)pdf • Size: 1.89 MB
« back to the last page