Improving skills and professionalism in the Rural Water Supply sector is critical to its success. Rural water supply schemes need to be robust, cost effective, accessible, well designed and well built. However, good water projects aren't on their own aren't enough, they need to be part of a broader rural water supply service that is reliable, affordable and accessible to all members of society.
RWSN brings together the know-how and expertise from different water supply technologies and service approaches from around the world. This section draws together some of the key resources that should be of help to those involved in training and education for rural water supply.
Links from here do not constitute an endorsement from RWSN - please let us know of any broken links
- Africa Groundwater Network/Courses
- Austrian Red Cross - WASH Capacity Building
- Bushproof, Madagascar - Technical Training in Water Infrastructure
- CAWST - Centre for Affordable Water & Sanitation Technology
- Living Water International - Training Schedule
- UniWater Education Ltd.
- Water For All International - Drilling Course
- Water Step - Well Repair Training Course
- Cranfield University (UK)
- Oxford University (UK)
- Makerere University (Uganda)
- University of North Carolina (USA)
- University of South Florida (USA)
- UNESCO-IHE (Netherlands)
- WEDC, Loughborough University, (UK)
Vocational Training Centres
- SHIPO SMART Centre (Tanzania)
- Mzuzu SMART Centre (Malawi)
- Mozambique SMART Centre (Mozambique)
- Appropriate Technology Centre (Uganda)