Source of presentations and recordings of the SIRWASH Webinar Series.
This three-part webinar series is convened by the Inter-American Development Bank, the Asian Development Bank (ADB), the African Development Bank Group, Water For People, ONE DROP, the RWSN - Rural Water Supply Network, and Skat Foundation. The SIRWASH Programme is funded by the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation (SDC).
All three events are multilingual, with simultaneous translation into English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
Please see the titles, dates, and other details of the webinars below:
• SIRWASH Webinar 1: Regional and National Monitoring of Rural WASH – experiences of data-to-decisions. October 4, 2023, at 16:00 (CEST) / 10:00 (EST) / 14:00 (GMT). This webinar brings the experiences from Peru, Malawi, and India on regional and national monitoring systems for rural WASH, and discusses how the collected data has been driving decision-making. The event is multilingual, with simultaneous translation into English, French, Portuguese, and Spanish.
• SIRWASH webinar 2: Formalising and strengthening institutions for supporting rural WASH services on November 7, 2023 (09:00 - 10:30 GMT / 10:00 - 11:30 CET / 14:30 - 16:00 IST). The second event of the webinar series brings examples from Bolivia, Rwanda, and Cambodia of successful institution strengthening for rural WASH service delivery and regulation, particularly at the local government level.
• SIRWASH webinar 3: Rural sanitation – why is it left behind? on November 15, 2023 (14:00 - 15:30 GMT / 15:00 - 16:30 CET / 19:30 - 21:00 IST). Register for the webinar using the link below. The third event of the webinar series brings examples of government initiatives that strengthen and prioritise rural sanitation. The latter is left behind in many countries, which often prioritise their political will and investment toward urban water supply.
The following are relevant resources shared during the webinars:
• JMP Report: Progress on Household Drinking Water, Sanitation and Hygiene - special focus on gender: https://data.unicef.org/resources/jmp-report-2023/
• Rwanda WASH Sector Performance Review Report: https://www.rural-water-supply.net/en/resources/1179-rwanda-wash-sector-performance-review-report
• Asia and Pacific Water resilience Hub: https://hub4r.adb.org/learning-repository
• Learn more about the African Water Facility: www.africanwaterfacility.org
• Learn more about AAPS: http://www.aaps.gob.bo/