Rieger, K., Holm, R. H. and Sheridan H.
Year of Publishing
Groundwater for Sustainable Development, 2016, 2-3, pages 117–129. DOI: 10.1016/j.gsd.2016.07.002
• Access to groundwater impacts the three life-domains: Being, Belonging and Becoming.
• Disconnect between water quality and individuals perception of safe drinking water.
• Communities stressed clean water, sanitation and hospitals as top health needs.
• High level of toilet sharing, also impacted by environmental issues.
• Imagination exercise reveals desire of male respondents for a greener village.
The implications of this study demonstrate, rural individuals ‘Being’, ‘Belonging’ and ‘Becoming’ need to be considered when addressing pressing public health needs, as Malawi works toward the Sustainable Development Goals for water supply.
Rieger, K., Holm, R. H. and Sheridan H. (2016) Access to groundwater and link to the impact on quality of life. A look at the past, present and future public health needs in Mzimba district, Malawi , Mzuzu University , Groundwater for Sustainable Development, 2016, 2-3, pages 117–129. DOI: 10.1016/j.gsd.2016.07.002
Access to groundwater and link to the impact on quality of life
pdf • Size: 1.71 MB