Become an individual member of RWSN. It's free!
To become a member of RWSN, all you have to do is join the RWSN group on Dgroups. You will be asked for your name, email address and reason why you want to join. Once you have registered, you can fill in your profile to let others know what you do, what organisation you work for and what country you are based in. Dgroups is a web and email based discussion platform designed specifically for development professionals.
Benefits of being a RWSN individual member:
- Receive the RWSN quarterly newsletter, and stay up-to-date on the latest research and development in rural water;
- Take part in online discussions, share your work, and ask questions to other rural water experts in our specialist online communities. Everyone is welcome to contribute to RWSN's online communities. For more information about existing online communities and how to contribute, please see our RWSN online community guide and our quick guide to using DGroups.
- Stay informed through our social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn) and the RWSN blog.
- Access our publications library, webinars, capacity development and networking opportunities.
- Network with other RWSN members and member organisations online and face-to-face.
If you are an existing member, or are not sure then please re-register by visiting » dgroups.org/rwsn
It is also possible to join as a ‘Member Organisations’ of RWSN. RWSN is a network of individuals and organisations that are committed to improving water services for the rural poor everywhere in the world. Being a Member Organisation of RWSN is a commitment to sharing knowledge and good practices, and to uphold the statements set out in the RWSN Vision and 2011 Kampala Commitments.
Who can become a Member Organisation?
An organisation should fulfil the following criteria to become a Member Organisation:
- Support the aims of RWSN (agree to the RWSN Vision and Kampala Commitments 2011)
- Have a website
- Be willing to insert the "RWSN Member Organisation" on your website (if technically possible) and create a link back to the RWSN website
- Have at least three people working full time for your organisation
- Have been a registered entity for at least 2 years
If you do not meet these requirements then the individual membership is probably more suitable. Individuals can join by setting up a free account on Dgroups.
Benefits of membership
- Logo and organisation page on the Member Organisation page of the Member Organisation area of RWSN website
- Preferential posting of items in the RWSN quarterly newsletter and opportunities to become involved in RWSN collaborations.
Conditions and cost of membership
- No membership fee is charged but Organisations are invited to make financial or in-kind contributions to the Secretariat (hosted by Skat Foundation).
- Membership lasts for five years and then can be renewed. Membership can be terminated by the Member Organisation at any time.
- The Executive Steering Committee of RWSN reserves the right to reject, suspend or terminate the membership of any organisation who they deem not to have behaved in a professional manner as set out in the Kampala Commitments 2011.