Experiences and Ideas from RWSN’s Sustainable Groundwater Community 2013 What are we talking about?
Author: DANERT, K
Year of Publishing: 2013
The RWSN’s Sustainable Groundwater Development community (http://next.dgroups.org/rwsn/groundwater) comprises over 500 members from 69 countries. There has been vibrant exchange and debates on topics such as national groundwater policies, gravel packing, drilling technologies, the life of a handpump and many more. This synthesis pulls together the many ideas, opinions, experiences and suggestions from the online community and makes recommendations for a collaborative way forward.
Handpumps: where now? A synthesis of online discussions (2012-2014)
Author: FUREY S. G.
Year of Publishing: 2014
Institution: Skat Foundation
In 2012, RWSN established Dgroups.org as its online electronic platform for membership and discussion. The groundwater and handpump groups have been among the most active communities. The number and depth of contributions has been rich, and several members have asked for a synthesis of the discussions. They main topics that emerged were:
1. Water Quality - particularly iron and pump corrosion
2. Procurement, Quality Control and Installation
3. Sustaining handpumps - what is the average lifespan of a handpump?
4. Handpump component failures and the need to redesign public domain designs
5. The politics of new pump designs: the Squirrel Cage Pump
Join the debate at on dgroups, using the links below.